Thursday, April 20, 2006

Catch Me When I Fall

Catch Me When I Fall by Nicci French

Utterly depressing. I simply could not get through this book. It’s obvious from page two that the main character is a manic depressive. She gets herself into some horrible scraps that seem to go on and on. After a third of the book I skipped to the last couple of chapters to see how it turned out. I usually don’t do this. I usually just move on to the next book without needing to know the ending. But for some reason I forged on and discovered the voice changes to that of the friend and her views of the manic depressive’s behavior. Sadder still is the fact that the main character has learned nothing and is still unable to control her self destructive behavior as she accidentally sets her friend’s in-laws’ house ablaze with fireworks to celebrate her friend’s wedding. Skip it ya’ll, that’s about all I’ve got to say. –Flourish

3 Comments:

Blogger doubleknot said...

No fire works for me thanks.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Buffy said...

Really like this site. So glad I found it.

10:31 AM  
Blogger NeverEnough said...

Thanks for letting me to know to skip this one!!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home