Friday, March 31, 2006

Living Dead in Dallas

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Vampire road trip! In this second installment of the Southern Vampire Mystery series our heroine, Sookie Stackhouse, small time north Louisiana cocktail waitress hits the skies with vampire boyfriend, Bill, in tow, literally, since he’s traveling in his coffin. They’ve been sent by Bill’s vampire boss Eric, sheriff of Area 5, to see if they can use Sookie’s special telepathic talent to track down a missing vampire. But before that even happens one of her coworkers turns up dead in a local cop’s car outside the bar. Sookie faces a religious anti-vampire group who has captured the missing vampire and winds up locked in a cell herself. You’ve got to tune in to find out how she escapes and how this adventure affects her relationship with vampire Bill. Meanwhile, back home in Bon Temps things are really heating up as well. It seems that her recently murdered gay coworker’s less than discrete gossip about his and other’s involvement in local sex parties may have gotten him killed. Sookie teams up with vampire Eric to see if she can ferret out the killer.

Charlaine’s writing is brilliant. Her writing reminds me a bit of Janet Evanovich’s. They both have plucky, tough female leading characters that are easy to relate to that you find yourself rooting for. They’re also both quick witted and use “creative sexual innuendo” to the hilt! -Flourish

9 Comments:

Blogger ames said...

I love this series. And all the tension between Sookie and her men...woo!

11:16 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh no, now a whole new list of books I've got to get.

Michele sent me.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Katya said...

I'd never heard of this series -- I so do not need a new series to read but I'm going to have to pick this one up.

3:21 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

I have to admit I am not a Potter fan and have never heard of this series either.
Sorry !!
Michele sent me today :)

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Cyndy said...

I finally saw my first Harry Potter movie (haven't read the books) but was impressed with this new movie. Michele sent me!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

I'm here from Michele's, and I'm so glad. Looooove the Suki books.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Michelle didn't send me...I saw your link at doubleknot's.

I've seen all the Harry Potter movies and can't wait for some more. I have bought all the books, but gave them to my grandson.

I don't usually buy books (for myself) because they cost so much and then I don't know if I will like the plot...I'm glad that you are doing book reviews here, maybe I'll find something interesting to read.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Hi dropping by from Michele's. Seen your name in the comments & thought it was a good one. Nice place you have here.

10:04 AM  
Blogger doubleknot said...

This sounds so interesting. I am going to have to make a trip to the library - maybe just two books so I won't be overwhelmed.
Thanks for the review.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home